Skip to main content

I want to apply for a Divorce- What do I need to do?

By December 15, 2023June 26th, 2024No Comments
Master Logo

I want to apply for a divorce- What do I need to do?

Under our divorce legislation, you have to lodge the following documents in the court office-

  1. A divorce Civil Bill- this document (usually prepared by a barrister) includes a summary of the circumstances leading to the separation and an outline of the outcome the applicant is seeking.
  2. An Affidavit of Means, which is a summary of the Applicant’s financial status.
  3. An Affidavit of Welfare, which deals with issues regarding the education, accommodation arrangements and health of any children.
  4. An original Marriage cert

For further information on this or any other family law matter, please do not hesitate to contact Brendan Dillon or Aoife Cathcart on 012960666